Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

When I Was Young - Introspection

see previous post for fashion credits




Regardless of your current number, how old do you actually feel?

You know I gave up "age" when I joined Second Life six or so years ago. I am whatever my profile says. Chic is anyway. The typist is old. We have established that. Does she feel old everyday? Nope. Some days yes, some days no. Most days it never enters her thoughts.


Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Never trying. If you never try, you never learn what you can accomplish.  Sometimes you make it, sometimes not. Both results help you along your path.


If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

Well the short answer is that I would be long dead *wink*. The more possibly correct answer is - no differently.


Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

Both. Fairly equally.


Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

No contest. The genius.

 
Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

On good days, yes.


Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?

Certainly not as much as it did then. But getting through that time made me stronger. Stronger is most often better.

At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

Generally when I am creating. Now and then when the gentle breeze makes me stop and wonder at the beauty all around us.

If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

I did quit my job. And early and with a giant "pay cut". Money isn't a biggie for me. I have what I need. That's all that really matters. If I actually won a million dollars I might go back to work. There is plenty that can be done for people with a million dollars as backing.

If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?

I don't have a lot of people in my life these days. I see the folks I care about fairly often. I think about the others with fond memories. I would most likely call up my surrogate kid if he was around. Then again, he might be busy saying goodbye to HIS friends. I would understand that. Say what you want to say whenever you can. Then you have no real need for goodbyes.

What do you feel is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Passion.


If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

Not all of us are.


What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

Nothing. I have never worried about the judgement of others, only of myself. 


If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Enjoy each time in your life. They are all important. Don't be in a hurry to get to the next step.



 


Comments

You summed up the answer to that question so perfectly with just one word, "passion" so true.

Popular Posts