Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Perspective


This is a philosophical piece, so if you are looking for fashion, just scroll down. There is a lovely post right below this. Meanwhile ----

I started to add some photos to my art blog this evening. The last entry was mid August (oh my!). Lots going on and it had been left to get dusty. I had something on my mind and felt I needed to put it down on virtual paper. But as I was typing on my other blog, I knew that I would feel better if I put my words out where someone might actually read them.

I have been entering some photo contests of late. I enjoy the process and have fun with the creativity and styling. A contest  to pick an additional blogger for COLLABOR88 just ended and I told myself that it would be wise not to make any blogwaves (that SHOULD be a word even though it is not) until the powers that be chose the winner. I have a chance I think, but only a chance. All things depend on points of view.

If this post loses me the spot on the 88 team, it will be lost fairly as I sometimes say what I think; no point hiding it. Over the years I know that many of you actually appreciate that. So here is my post from "Hit Me With Your Best Shots".

This was a photo for the Red Seal Hunt contest. Unfortunately I was the only one that entered and the coordinators of the contest have apparently decided not to give out a prize. I can understand that, but I really would have appreciated a reply to my inquiry about the issue *wink*. Oh well.

With that in mind I have decided that if I happen to win a prize for an unscripted artwork at University of Western Australia next month, I will share that prize with the person who didn't win last month because they had the only non-scripted work for  the "Water" theme (hence no competition). I don't remember who it was or what the work was, but I know how hard I worked on this photo. I would have liked at least a pat on the back -- virtually speaking.  I suspect the person who didn't win at UWA last month has the same sort of emotions. 


These aren't the only instance of rules changing in contests lately. The practice seems fairly common these days. In the end most of the folks that enter are doing it for the joy of creativity, so perhaps it doesn't matter as much as I feel it should.

Still, an agreement is an agreement.



Comments

Anonymous said…
That really is a great photo. You can feel good about that. (Sally)
Anonymous said…
Wow I think you should have got something, if anything, for even applying. I did one last year and didn't this year because, well, it is a new process to me, and still is. To back out of that contest agreement is just terrible of them. One person only? So what? Tsk tsk. Good job, and I love the picture : ) (Loik Aichi)

Popular Posts