Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Occupy Wall Street - SL


It's Occupy Wall Street Day.  Now I am not a particularly political person and this IS a fashion blog, but when I received an email asking me to do my part, it seemed like checking out the Second Life virtual activities would be an appropriate activity of the morn.  There are several events planned for the day.


You need gear for you protesting of course, and you can pick up a huge assortment of free signs, backdrops (my favorite words of peace one is shown in the top photo), gestures, tee shirts and other statement making props at OCCUPY WALL STREET SECONDLIFE.

One great place to get inspired is the Occupy Wallstreet Art Exhibit.   There you can see both 2D and 3D art echoing the theme. Be sure and vote for your favorites.

From one of the art works:

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in the spirit of brotherhood.

Life has changed. 911 redefined the world as we know it. New challenges have arisen.

Many of the folks participating in today's events are part of the more recent generations. They have heard about the 60s, the revolution, the Peace and Love era. It is no longer that time.





The world moves on from decade to decade and with it new leaders are born. Whether you take part in the corporeal world, or sneak into virtual mode during your lunch break -- note that history is in the making.


This great mask is in the huge protest give away box from OCCUPY WALL STREET SECONDLIFE.

My outfit came together easily when I searched for items with "peace" in their title.  My jeans which I wore so often when teaching at LEARN AVATAR, are from TuttiFrutti

The  Pledge of Peace Necklace is new from .:CoLLisions:..




Poses by: Juxtapose, LAP

Comments

Anonymous said…
Peace, love and brotherhhood? Nice idea but I thought Occupy Wallstreet was all about the "little guy" against corporations and BIG business, including banks.

Are there plans to Occupy SL ? I'd better get my mask and signs. Thanks for the links and great pics.

EE

Popular Posts