Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Rewind - June

There have been plenty of doomsday comments on the forums and blog of late.  I heard that some folks were thinking about going over to an alternate world -- the promised land.  Personally, I have a wait and see attitude. Phil's has weathered many, many storms -- both natural and  those made by their own decisions. Many of us are still here.

Hence, I've been thinking about progress, the "good old days" and where we have come in the last years. It's almost birthday time again for Second Life. I don't know anyone that was around at the beginning, but there must be a few first generation folks left. With the idea of change and progress in mind, I decided to look back a year in my SL life.

A quick glance at my archives brought a few OMG comments. Then I found a photo of a fun excursion from that time. It was the last day of the Big Bad Blogger Challenge of 2009 and I had decided that exploring was to be my post of the day. Now, I venture out on quests almost daily, but not so then.  Today, in remembrance, I wanted to recreate the post -- or see if that was possible. The top was no longer in my inventory and the lovely necklace had disappeared also, perhaps in the 1,500 item forced inventory cleaning from the database a few months ago. I am still finding items missing that I would like to have.

I chose the WoE jeans in the photo as well as a top that was thin from so many wearings. I still had the grocery bag (yeah). And while the hair was available, I opted to keep what I was wearing as a sign of the changing times.


I eventually found the location of the earlier post. I was not as efficient back then and SLURLs were seldom mentioned. Luckily the name of the "soon to be" shop was in one of the photos. After a few false starts I found the spot. Much of the previous year's build was gone. Only a few small empty buildings remained. It is sad to see all the possibilities die. I am sure there is a story there.

The big news of the day for several thousand Tuli fans, is that Gina 02 will be released tomorrow at The Dressing Room. This version of Gina has peach lips and smoky eye makeup. If you missed Gina 01, you better grab her today as she will be gone forever when the new version arrives.
 
Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: Amacci Hair Paula ~ Mahogany
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room LE :: Gina 02; Amacci ~ Eyelashes "Allure" - Black; Amacci Real Eyes ~ Jupiter
Clothing: WoE-STR-01a Leah Thin Tank; WoE GRJ-F6a Kloe Jeans - Midnight

Sweets Bag by ::69 (old group gift)

Comments

Popular Posts