Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Trends

We've had lucky chairs and pyramids and random eggs and other objects; we've had lucky chair finding boards and fortunetellers and lately we've had midnight mania. Lucky chairs and boards seem to have had the most staying power, but the others for the most part seem to be losing popularity.

I'm not sure how long midnight mania boards have been around, but I do know that my first win was at the beginning of March, so awhile in our fast paced virtual world. Personally, I like the MM boards. Some are good and some are wonderful and some -- not so much. Just like lucky chairs, hunts and all the other freebie culture gimmicks there is quality and there is not. It seems however that like some of their predecessors, there are so many that they have lost part of their following.

A couple of days ago, I saw a post on the feed about a new, fairly challenging freebie contest. It doesn't sound like my kinda thing -- a cross between pyramids and fortunetellers and who knows what -- but it is NEW and innovation brings change which is often good.

I'm just in a pondering mood tonight, looking back on what has been and wondering what might be in the world of freebies and prizes. Comments of course are welcome or you can ponder on your own should you so desire :D.

Comments

Popular Posts