Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

In Search of a New Me

Except for a brief geeky period when I was almost brand new, I have had the same skin and hair most days. I am almost seven months old now. Not an old-timer by any means, but perhaps time for a change.

There has been a lot of talk about skins of late. I guess there always is and I am just more in tune at the moment. There are some new skins coming out soon that I am very interested in, but I wondered about NOW. I also saw a rave review about a brand new skin maker and wanted to check that out also. My goal was to look like ME but a bit more upscale. So here is what I found.

While I will make a few comments here and there, the KEY is to try the demos out for yourself. This is pretty much a given but I am stating it anyway.

First we have the "default me".

This is the Eloh Elliot skin I have been wearing all along. I really like the face and lips on this and the makeup works for me also. The body shading could be a bit more defined. Still one of the best free skins on the market IMHO.

With each of the skins I picked the one closest to my current look. Sometimes that wasn't all that close, but I tried. Same lighting, same pose, same graphics settings.




This is the BBS * B e B a e Skins - Nina. I was extremely impressed with the look of this shop. If we go with "it's all in the details", this is a winner for its real life customer service - reception area! The ears on this skin are phenomenal as well as the belly button. I didn't think the elbow shadows were correct for my avatar and there were some shadings that seemed odd along the spine.


I am a big Tuli fan and this is very close to my tried and true look. Actually there is a new skin coming up that may be VERY close. We will see. I love the subtle skin shading and the complexion. I like the newest lips (not yet released) better, so I am waiting patiently. I actually LIKE the turned up corners and high definition of my Eloh look, but this is close.


Lastly we have an off the wall skin from Comme il Faut . Since I posted pictures of their hunt skins, I wanted to also post a picture of the regular skins. I have to say that I agree about the eyelashes. They are distracting to me and this mouth too seems a bit large. Edit: Please see the post here to learn more about these skins.

So that is the brief beginning of my search for a new skin. The perfect one may come my way someday -- soon would be good. Until then, I am sticking with my SE wrath (wink) and being very happy that I found it when I was young and inexperienced. Yeah!

Popular Posts